Monday, September 23, 2013

Kiss me I'm Irish

I'm not Irish, but this was by far my favorite place so far! The boat
docked in Dublin so I spent the first night there, but then I went up to
Northern Ireland with Dani and Savannah. Thought of Jon when I was at
all the little Irish pubs.. he would've LOVED them! Dani has a friend
who worked at Disney with her that goes to school there. Him and his
friends had an adorable little house and were SO funny and nice. They
showed us around and we were able to see/ do SO much more than we
would've been able to exploring on our own. James was nice enough to
drive all the way down to grab us Saturday morning. We picked up his
friend Broadie then went to see the port where the Titanic was built in
Belfast, Ireland. It was very cool... I'm obsessed with the Titanic.
Later that day I took a stab at driving Broadie's little red mini
cooper. It was a standard and we had to drive on the opposite side of
the road but Dad.. you would've been proud! Haha. We ate at a great
little place called the Nook... I had some Beef and Guinness pie.. an
Irish classic. After that we drove up and down the coast a little to
Giant's Causeway. It's a natural wonder of the world.. google it you'll
be amazed! So beautiful! It's huge cliffs and these natural rock
formations that are unreal. We spent a few hours there hiking around and
enjoying it all.

The next day we went a little further down the coast to a place called
Carrick-a-Rede where we walked over a really cool rope bridge and did
some more hiking. The landscape and views were amazing! You guys
would've loved it.. especially Bruce. We did some Irish mini golf (which
is nothing like the fun and games put put at home) right on the beach.
Lots of fun! They took us down to a beach after that before we went to
dinner. At that point the sun was setting so it was gorgeous. There were
men fishing ... I got some great pics to frame for dad. After spending
one more night at their place we headed back to Dublin on a bus this
morning (Monday, September 23rd).

I'm back on the boat now.. we're setting sail and heading for Portugal
and Spain. We'll be in Portugal Friday and Saturday then Spain on
Monday/ Tuesday. We're allowed to travel on land, but I'm planning on
staying on the boat and just taking full advantage of the two ports...
not going to travel out of the two cities (Lisbon and Cadiz) because I
heard they are both great! The first day in Portugal I'm doing a surf
and yoga day on the beach... fingers crossed that the weather is good!

Hope everything is going well at home :)

XOXO
Katrinket (Donny this is for you! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment